UCU (the University and College Union) is the largest trade union and professional association for academics, lecturers, trainers, researchers and academic-related staff working in further and higher education throughout the UK.
At the local level, Bangor UCU (BUCU) represents the interests of academic and academic-related (managerial and professional grade) staff at Bangor University. As the recognised campus trade union for these groups, we:
- protect your interests and help you to solve your problems at work;
- campaign for improved quality of education and research, salaries, conditions and pensions;
- negotiate and consult with university management on your behalf.
UCU negotiates nationally with employers on pay, conditions and pensions. Bangor UCU consults with the University on local policies and conditions, and provides collective and individual support for members with problems.
UCU’s current national campaigns include:
- Stamping out casual contracts
- Fighting privatisation in tertiary education
- Tackling workload and stress
- Facing the challenge of climate change
Your Voice Matters
UCU, both locally and nationally, is only as strong as its membership. UCU's size and specialist nature mean that government and employers listen when we represent your views. The more members we have, the more influence we can exert. If you want to have a say in our collective negotiations then join us and get active.